Spare Time Entertainment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spare Time Entertainment
The Company: Working at Spare Time is different than working anywhere else. Why? Because we're serious about having fun! The work is fast paced and the atmosphere is awesome. We have more options to offer under one roof than any other venue in town, and there is incredible potential for VIP parties and special events in our huge newly renovated space. All of our locations are slightly different, but we're all united in fulfilling our mission - To Create Memorable Experiences, Every Guest, Every Visit.
"Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, and how you leave others feeling after an experience with you becomes your trademark!”
The Position: Seriously, it's the kind of job you love to go to every day, and you're amazed you actually get paid to do it! It's not for everyone...only well organized, motivated people with great personalities will be successful. This position has full responsibility for maintaining the operating machinery, lanes, and other equipment at the highest level of efficiency and safety, including ensuring all game zone games are functioning properly.
- Maintain, repair, and adjust all machines and equipment; pinsetters, automatic scorers (where applicable), foul units, games, laser tag, escape room, vending machines, snack bar and lounge equipment, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures, perform visual inspections and remain alert for signs of faulty equipment/machinery.
- Review lane call books on a daily basis, identify and resolve problems.
- Rebuild and weld parts as necessary; plows, pin holders, cushion boxes, rake shafts, etc.
- Perform lane maintenance in accordance with established company procedures and schedules; including mopping, toweling, stripping, oiling/dusting approaches, etc.
- Train pit crews and other lane maintenance personnel; delegate work, monitor progress, and evaluate results.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and parts; maintain related records. Keep machine area orderly and safe.
- Develop temporary solutions to equipment problems to minimize down time until a permanent solution is available.
- Act as back up person for customer assistance in the pro shop; perform ball work and provide related assistance to customers; sell, fit, drill, and plug balls.
- Perform maintenance and light carpentry work on building exteriors and interiors; perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as needed.
- Perform daily walk through of the Game Zone to ensure equipment is in working order.
- Communicate with Game Warden/Center Management concerns with game zone equipment.
- Create and administer daily and weekly tests of all games operations to make sure all games are functioning properly each day.
- Create and administer daily/weekly laser tag operations checks and tests to make sure all equipment is functioning, I.E. vest does not shoot, bases are
- Troubleshoot and resolve all issues related to laser tag functions, escape rooms and teller machines.
- Be a vibrant, smart, engaging, fun loving rock star.
- High school diploma preferred.
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent training as a mechanic preferred.
- Brunswick or AMF training preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of machine and lane maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity with usage and safe operation of hand and power tools; welders, electric meters, air compressors, drills, saws, soldering irons, grinders, pullers, hydraulic presses, etc.
- The ability to understand the inter-card system, Points of Sale and LT operating systems including sound and lighting preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of pin chasing methods preferred.
- Good working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical system.
- Ability to safely bend, reach and properly lift objects up to 50 pounds.